Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Honeywell Jade Economizer Controller Display Issues

Options
I have a jobsite that has 12 rooftop units, all with 2019 serial numbers. We have found one economizer controller with a bad display last year. During our last maintenance, we found 4 more of these controllers with failed displays. There are solid squares all the way across both lines of text that will not go away, even after trying to reset them. Our technician unfortunately has not tested them with only 2 wires to supply 24 volts connected as of yet to see if one of the control or sensor circuits is shorted causing a voltage drop. These are in Lennox KGB's. I did speak with Lennox to see if there were any known issues and I was told there are none that he knows of but they are moving away from the Honeywell economizer controls in the near future due to supply issues. I am concerned that almost half of the displays on this jobsite have failed and I have seen others on other jobsites as well. I am curious if anyone else has run into failed displays on these Honeywell Jade controllers and if there is something in particular causing them to fail or if there is more that we need to be looking into other than just replacing them. The Lennox part# is 11G24, Honeywell part# W7220, I do not have the rest of the exact model number, I think there are just a couple variances in available inputs and probably programming for those inputs.