Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

hot water boiler

Options
GTD
GTD Member Posts: 31
I have a gas fired hot water boiler, i set my thermostat at 68 , next moring the house is 83, i took the tt wires off the beckett control, and the next morning same thing, what might be the problem, thanks

Comments

• HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,835
    Options
    What model aquastat and what model Beckett control?
    Is there a tankless coil or indirect water heater connected?
    On the Beckett Genisys, TT can be configured on or off.
    Something there along with a flow valve bypassing could be the issue. 
    Pics?
  • EdTheHeaterMan
    EdTheHeaterMan Member Posts: 7,834
    Options
    Is this something that just started happening or has this condition been a problem for some extended time now?

When was the last time that the over-temperature was not a problem?

Reason for asking... I would like to know if there was a service or repair made about the time of the start of the problem? For example the circulator pump was replaced 3 weeks ago, then the problem has happened ever since. I might guess that there is a Flow Valve or Zone Valve that was manually opened during the repair and was inadvertently left open after the repair was completed. That open valve may need to be closed when there is no call for heat. The manually open lever will not allow for the valve to close when needed as @HVACNUT has indicated.

There are several other possibilities, so please post photos of the Genesis control, the piping around the boiler from floor to ceiling so we all can see how it is interconnected. Try at least 3 different perspectives in case there are some pipes that block the view of other pipes.

Edward F Young. Retired HVAC ContractorSpecialized in Residential Oil Burner and Hydronics
  • SuperTech
    SuperTech Member Posts: 2,160
    Options
    Without any pictures or other information my guess is a zone valve for a indirect water heater stuck open.