Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Coil Replacement

Options
ACMPH
ACMPH Member Posts: 2
edited April 2023 in Gas Heating

AO Smith boiler coil replacement.
Looking for a company to manufacture direct fire copper heat ex-changers. Water is non-potable as it is for a hydronic system. AO Smith tech support is lost and has no inforamation.

Comments

• EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,549
    Options
    JFD Coil is in Hamden,CT

They are an ASME shop and have rebuild all kinds of heat exchangers and tube bundles. They do a good job.
    Mad Dog_2
  • Mad Dog_2
    Mad Dog_2 Member Posts: 6,977
    Options
    Hamden Connecticut..Sleeping Giant Mountains...Home of Quinnipiac College. Are they in an industrial area, Ed?  Mad Dog 
  • HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,841
    Options
    I didn't know A.O. Smith made boilers. Maybe Diversified Heat Transfer Products could fab something if you have the specs.
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,549
    Options
    @Mad Dog_2

You can Google them and find their web site.

They rebuilt several shell and tube HX for me. One was an old "Thrush" (I think) that a complete replacement would have been very ugly and expensive. As it was it was a nightmare to even get the piping disconnected, and have a hole cut in the building brick wall to get it out (shell and all) and onto a truck. We delivered it to them and they rebuilt the whole thing.

Putting in something new and repiping would have been a worse nightmare. Hospital job ...cut your way in and build your way out.........like a NYC job!!!!!! We don't get as many as you have but we have some beauties.
    Mad Dog_2
  • ACMPH
    ACMPH Member Posts: 2
    Options
    New coil furnished by Etna Heat Transfer, located in Chino Ca. FIT LIKE A GLOVE. Company ( Grey ) was great to deal with.
    dkoGrallertMad Dog_2
  • Mad Dog_2
    Mad Dog_2 Member Posts: 6,977
    Options
    "Gotta wife in Chino Bay...and one in Cherokee..."  That's a Bute!  Yeah Ed, believe it or not, they design like this on new construction all the time.  Please us common sense...48" Heater...36" Door...no good!  Mad Dog 🐕 🤣