Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

New style Mitsubishi ceiling cassette

Options
TAG
TAG Member Posts: 755
Know some here do Mitsubishi systems --- any feedback on the new rectangular slim ceiling units?

Have used the 24" square units that IMO don't function as well as the wall units with the eye. The wall units are smarter. I see they now make the square with the eye -- slim don't have an eye option it seems.

I have a town house on the beach in SC that needs a new heat pump. The ductwork is really not up to getting the needed CFM's up to the second floor bedroom and bath -- so my plan is to replace the current heat pump and stick a mini up in the bedroom. The current system is fine with heat but in the hottest days of the summer there is just not enough flow to the second floor. This would just be supplemental -- the system is fine when it 80 out

We had Ian come trough last September and flood the condensers.

Comments

• TAG
    Options
    I'm bumping this in the hope someone will comment ... Need to make my move this week
  • yellowdog
    yellowdog Member Posts: 157
    Options
    we install the mlz ceiling cassettes all the time. dont seem to have any issues with them.
  • Big Ed_4
    Big Ed_4 Member Posts: 2,785
    Options
    Is this the new model that fits between the standard 16" ceiling joits ?
    I have enough experience to know , that I dont know it all
  • GW
    GW Member Posts: 4,692
    Options
    yes we do, they seem fine. The new 6000 BTU units are even smaller "KY" in the model nomenclature
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
  • TAG
    Options
    Yes -- MLZK that fits between 16" studs.

I have two of the 24" units in a large cape -- one in each of the second floor bedrooms. Have been in a little over 6 years -- one did leak and that's another story. Mine are controled with the wall wireless thermostats and with only three speeds they just don't seem to be a nice as the typical wall head.

I'm going to use the handheld remote on this one ......

What do you need to add for internet based control? They still don't seem to have a direct system w/o the need for extra parts ...
  • yellowdog
    yellowdog Member Posts: 157
    Options
    add a kumo to it for wifi control