Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Weil mclain boiler no power to pump

I have a weil mclain gold cga  boiler  and recently I noticed I wasn't getting heat everywhere, come to grind out the circulator  pump isn't running . Tested the pins  on control board and only getting 2.8 volts ac when I'm supposed to be getting 115ac. Hot wired the pump to make sure that's good. And it's working should I  replace the 1107-2  integrated boiler control board next? 

Comments

• hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,019
    Do you have 120v at the board?
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,804
    Is the boiler hot or cold?
  • Wierdale24
    Wierdale24 Member Posts: 2
    Everything else works,boiler kicks on and heats up to the proper temp 
  • 109A_5
    109A_5 Member Posts: 1,377
    Hello @Wierdale24,
    Going by your description and looking at the manual and the wiring diagram I would suspect the control board since the circulator is suppose to be on when ever the thermostat is calling in normal operation. Probably a bad solder joint at the relay that controls the circulator. The Red wire and switch I added to the wiring diagram represents the relay contacts and their part of the circuit to energize the circulator. An inexpensive repair if you can do it.

National - U.S. Gas Boiler 45+ Years Old
    Steam 300 SQ. FT. - EDR 347
    One Pipe System
    Wierdale24
  • HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,804
    I had the same problem recently. There are a few different boards so make sure you give the CP number when you order. My rep ordered the wrong board by mistake. This boiler was a GV 90+