Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

webster low nox

Options

i have 2 webster JBX2 low nox burners and the low nox head is glowing. webster says the head shouldnt be glowing.

no matter what what adjustments are made the heads glow. where the gas enters behind the head i dont see how they cant glow.

has any one run into this

thanks

Comments

• EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,545
    Options

No. I would contact Webster and see what they recommend.

• EdTheHeaterMan
    EdTheHeaterMan Member Posts: 7,859
    edited March 2023
    Options

Where the gas comes out and where the flame burns are not always the same place. By looking at the combustion head of that burner there seems to be a flame retention head on it. The flame should start burning after that slotted burner head. If the flame is burning with that head inside it, then chances are there are some demensions that are incorrect. They are usually very detailed drawings of those measurement in the I/O manual. Is this a combination Oil/Gas burner or Gas only? Natural or LP gas?

Edward Young Retired

After you make that expensive repair and you still have the same problem, What will you check next?

• johnungiechajer
    johnungiechajer Member Posts: 2
    Options

gas only

EdTheHeaterMan
  • EdTheHeaterMan
    EdTheHeaterMan Member Posts: 7,859
    Options

The information that you need is in the manual that should have accompanied the burner when the system was installed.  I looked in the Webster website for the specifications with the drawer assembly dimensions and was only able to find this information on adjustment. There was no dimensional illustration

The previous recommendation to contact Webster is my best advice.  Get the detailed drawing of the Drawer assembly to know where you need to start so the diffuser end is before the flame, not after the flame.  

Edward Young Retired

After you make that expensive repair and you still have the same problem, What will you check next?