Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Nest thermostat issue

Options
Does anyone know how to get a nest thermostat to show an emergency heat setting? We have a job that has a heat pump that is being relocated, due to the home being renovated. The heat pump will be out of service for sometime. The home is un occupied so I wanted to set the thermostat to emergency heat just to prevent a freeze up. The existing nest thermostat has no emergency heat setting, just heat, off, cool. The electric heater is wired off of w2 and the equipment setting shows heat pump with aux. heating. In the equipment information it says something about the thermostat will control the aux. heat based on the optimum balance point. The thermostat is not connected to WI FI so I don't think that will work. Any assistance would be much appreciated. Thanks to all

Comments

• EdTheHeaterMan
    EdTheHeaterMan Member Posts: 7,833
    edited March 2023
    Options
    There should be a toggle for "SYSTEM" that will toggle thru: OFF, COOL, AUTO, HEAT, EM-HEAT and back to OFF. But in order to get that list of options the SETUP must be configured properly.

If you do not get all of those options, you will need to go to SETUP and go thru the menu and select HEAT PUMP with ELECT BACK-UP. It has been too ling since I actually set up a NEST for a heat pump. But, I know it is in there.
    Edward F Young. Retired HVAC ContractorSpecialized in Residential Oil Burner and Hydronics
    zepfan