Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Pressure balancing valve

Options
zvalve
zvalve Member Posts: 83
Is there any way to install a pressure balancing valve for a two shower house so that the shower walls don’t have to be ripped open and new connections sweated in a confined space ?  Are there easy install retrofit pressure balancing valves? When we take showers we are either scalded or frozen when someone flushed the toilet, runs hot water in kitchen or takes a shower in the other bathroom. 

Comments

• hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,158
    Options
    zvalve said:

Is there any way to install a pressure balancing valve for a two shower house so that the shower walls don’t have to be ripped open and new connections sweated in a confined space ?  Are there easy install retrofit pressure balancing valves? When we take showers we are either scalded or frozen when someone flushed the toilet, runs hot water in kitchen or takes a shower in the other bathroom. 

Maybe this will work, or an ASSE 1070 mixing valve at the water heater.
    A 1070 is both a temperature and pressure valve
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
    Mad Dog_2
  • Mad Dog_2
    Mad Dog_2 Member Posts: 6,971
    Options
    Always make sure  you have the plumber install a Thermometer gauge downstream of the mixing valve so you can set temps perfectly and there's no guessing.   Mad Dog
  • hot_rod
    Options
    Here is a nice option, a quick responding valve, low 18 degree differential, and 100% shut off if either hot or cold fails
    A port for recirc connection

straight through piping is helpful also
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Mad Dog_2
  • Mad Dog_2
    Options
    Ohh nice Hot 🔥 Rod...I find myself using more and more Caleffi stuff.  Can yiu give us a quick history of the company and its prominent rise?  Thanks man  mad dog 
  • hot_rod
    Options
    Mad Dog_2 said:

Ohh nice Hot 🔥 Rod...I find myself using more and more Caleffi stuff.  Can yiu give us a quick history of the company and its prominent rise?  Thanks man  mad dog 

Started over 50 years ago in a small machine shop in Mr Caleffi’s back yard.
    That part of Northern Italy is known for quality brass work. Plumbing faucets, door hardware, hydronic components, there are brass companies in every town.

You have been using Caleffi brass most of your plumbing career no doubt as we make brass for many of the big name hydronic companies. OEM products with their name on it. Our air vents are on many mod con boilers as they go out the door.

We sell product in 92 countries, crank out 400 million pieces and assemblies with about 1200 employees in multiple factories. We forge, machine, assemble, have 40 extrudes for polymer parts.

Education has been a priority for Caleffi since day one. Idronics is one example of how we help educate the industry.

The factory is super clean and highly automated. Our small float air vents, the first time a human hand touches them is when you open the box at the jobsite. Every product is air tested before it is packaged.

We take groups over many times a year, contractor, wholesaler and engineer in a group of 8 typically. See if you can get on a list, it’s a great factory visit!

Manufacturing jobs have declined over the last 30 years in the US, but output has actually increase thanks to automation and robotics. It one way that countries with higher wage scale can compete with China. That is true in Italy and other countries where automation has been implemented.

Thanks for asking😁
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Mad Dog_2Erin Holohan HaskellLarry Weingarten
  • Karl Reynolds
    Karl Reynolds Member Posts: 63
    Options
    I think what you are looking for is the PPP (Precision Plumbing Products) TRB-2 pressure compensating valve.
  • Mad Dog_2
    Options

And...I bet The Caleffis make an outstanding Red Table 🍷 wine and SUNDEE sauce aka "the gravy" . That's a great success story HR. Thanks Man! Mad