Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Hydrostat to Taco relay wiring question

Options
Good day all -
New oil burner with coil for hot water. Hydrostat one set of wires plugs into burner head, ok. Second wire (yellow & white) has tag "connect to circulator). First question. Do I run power from service disconnect to Hydrostat? Second question. Does the yellow/white get connected to the Taco, and which terminal? Is it going to the XX or TT on the Taco? I am confused. I also run power to the Taco from service connect as well? Thanks for the help!

Comments

• Big Ed_4
    Big Ed_4 Member Posts: 2,785
    Options
    Taco what ?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Billob
    Billob Member Posts: 4
    Options
    Big Ed_4 said:

Taco what ?

Taco 2 zone switching relay
  • HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,841
    Options
    If you have 2 heating zones, and a 2 zone relay panel, then neither. The C1,C2 wires (yellow and white) won't be used.
    You'll run 2 wires (14 awg) between ZR,ZC on the Hydrostat to ZR,ZC on the Zone panel. Since there's a tankless coil, turn the economy setting to off.
    BillobMikeAmann
  • Billob
    Options
    HVACNUT said:

If you have 2 heating zones, and a 2 zone relay panel, then neither. The C1,C2 wires (yellow and white) won't be used.
    You'll run 2 wires (14 awg) between ZR,ZC on the Hydrostat to ZR,ZC on the Zone panel. Since there's a tankless coil, turn the economy setting to off.

Thanks! DO I run power to BOTH as well? (The Hydrostat & Panel)
  • HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,841
    Options
    Billob said:
    Yes, power L1,L2 on both separately. You might need to remove a jumper between ZR,ZC in the Zone panel. I can't remember if there's one there. 
    BillobSTEVEusaPA
  • Billob
    Options
    HVACNUT said:

Billob said:

HVACNUT said:

Yes, power L1,L2 on both separately. You might need to remove a jumper between ZR,ZC in the Zone panel. I can't remember if there's one there. 

THANK YOU SO MUCH @HVACNUT!! Appreciate it!
    MikeAmann
  • Joe Mattiello
    Joe Mattiello Member Posts: 707
    Options
    Nice job with instructions. 
    Yes, ZR is 120 volts out and ZC is 120 volts in hence jumper between the two.

Joe Mattiello
    N. E. Regional Manger, Commercial Products
    Taco Comfort Solutions
  • Rickoo
    Rickoo Member Posts: 54
    Options
    Joe, when the ZR/ZC jumper is removed, does it completely disconnect power to the relay box? If connected as above, is there even a need for a120v connection in the SR since it would be obtaining power from the aquastat?