Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Recommendation on PRV

zepfan
zepfan Member Posts: 397
Looking for a suggestion on a PRV to replace the one that is show. Something with a 45-75 range that is compact, and if ever needed the homeowner could adjust the pressure. Thanks to all 

Comments

• Larry Weingarten
    Larry Weingarten Member Posts: 3,273
    Hi, I’m not sure what brand you have there… maybe Zurn. But measure the length of the valve body and get something that matches. It should be a pretty straightforward job with the union and threaded end. If the line can be pulled away from the wall some, so you can more easily screw the valve into place, that would be nice. Otherwise you can remove the bell shaped part and replace it once the valve is in place.

Yours, Larry
    Mad Dog_2
  • Mad Dog_2
    Mad Dog_2 Member Posts: 6,831
    The Great Larry to the Rescue.  Boy I wish you didn't live on the other side of the Rockies!!  I can't wait till the next Wetstock  mad Dog
    Larry Weingarten
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,022
    Caleffi makes inverted style valves, very little pressure drop at high flows, super easy to clean and rebuild.
    Compact version has 1 Union end for shorter length. Gauge for setting and pressure shooting.
    Sweat, press, threaded and Pex connections available
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
    zepfanMad Dog_2
  • kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,418
    I really like the Caleffi 535351HA Built in unions. Easy tool free adjust.
    zepfanMad Dog_2
  • Mad Dog_2
    Mad Dog_2 Member Posts: 6,831
    On the last two Burnham V-9s we did,   we  have used the Caleffi feeder valve with Guage.....  Its the easiest feeder valve I've ever used...They are in our starting lineup from now on   Mad 🐕 Dog.  Do they make them in 🇮🇹 It-lee, Hot 🔥 Rod?  Have you been to the 🏭 factory?  Mad Dog
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,022
    Mad Dog_2 said:

On the last two Burnham V-9s we did,   we  have used the Caleffi feeder valve with Guage.....  Its the easiest feeder valve I've ever used...They are in our starting lineup from now on   Mad 🐕 Dog.  Do they make them in 🇮🇹 It-lee, Hot 🔥 Rod?  Have you been to the 🏭 factory?  Mad Dog

Yes the PRVs are made in Italy. That 535 is the worlds most recognized reducing valve, we sell that in 92 countries. It’s sold as a private label product also, to the marine industry for example. There are millions in use around the world.

Lucky me, I’ve been to the factory 8 times over the years with customers in tow. Arguably one of the cleanest most modern brass manufacturer you will find.
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream