Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Refilling after bleeding?

Options
I bled these pipes earlier today, and I feel like it’s only become louder, and looking at the pressure it’s sitting around 8 psi (and also important, my house is getting cold, and I have 6 kids!). I was under the impression they would refill by themselves, but when looking online I’m finding that people have to refill some systems. 

I see the yellow valve over the pump, but it’s always open. so I’m not sure how to get this thing back on track.

I’m grateful for any help I can get!

Comments

• psb75
    psb75 Member Posts: 835
    Options
    Your boiler's not firing. Pilot is lit. Your fill valve is somewhere at the back of your boiler on the 1/2" copper pipe. I can't see it in pic. Behind the water heater? I see the back flow preventer but I don't see the pressure reducer that would have manual override fill lever. Is your thermostat working?
    Grallert
  • Grallert
    Grallert Member Posts: 644
    Options
    It looks like there is a pressure reading on the gauge. If it's functioning that there is at least some water in the boiler. As psb75 said your pilot is lit but the gas valve isn't opening. What did you bleed and why?
    Miss Hall's School service mechanic, greenhouse manager,teacher and dog walker
  • Grallert
    Grallert Member Posts: 644
    Options
    It could be something as simple as a fouled flame prover.
    Miss Hall's School service mechanic, greenhouse manager,teacher and dog walker
  • NoelAnderson
    NoelAnderson Member Posts: 49
    Options
    Your pressure should be 12 psi. and not 8 psi. The system you have does not have a fill valve. It has a Fill-trol tank which controls the pressure. The tank bladder controls the pressure of the system. You will need drain the water out of your system to remove any pressure on the tank's bladder. With no water pressure on the tank check the tank with a tire pressure gauge to make sure you have 12 psi. and adjust using a tire air pump. then you can refill the system and bleed the air out.
  • danfromak
    danfromak Member Posts: 2
    Options
    Got a plumber over and he saw the relay had been bumped.. he pushed it back in and it started right up. So thankful for heat!