Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

One section of BaseRay not heating up

Options
Verderzi
Verderzi Member Posts: 2
Hello I was wondering if anyone can help me I have one section of baseRay radiators that are not heating up but work fine elsewhere in the house (hot to the touch) meanwhile I have one section that is cold no heat whatsoever I’ve attached some pictures of said baseRay does anyone have any advice as to what I can do to start diagnosing and hopefully get it working again? Many thanks for any advice I haven’t tried anything so far 

Comments

• Mad Dog_2
    Mad Dog_2 Member Posts: 6,954
    Options
    Sure..looks like a Hot water system, correct?  Most likely air-bound.  I see a small coin vent on upper fave of baseball.  Try cracking that and try to burp it.  Mad Dog
  • Mad Dog_2
    Mad Dog_2 Member Posts: 6,954
    Options
    You'll need a coin vent 🔑 key.  You have one?  Look in that jar on your work bench....usually fine 1 or 5.  Mad Dog 🐕 
    Verderzi
  • Verderzi
    Verderzi Member Posts: 2
    Options
    Mad Dog_2 said:
    You'll need a coin vent 🔑 key.  You have one?  Look in that jar on your work bench....usually fine 1 or 5.  Mad Dog 🐕 
    Hey thanks for your reply are you talking about this thing in the picture? I used a flat head screwdriver on it and loosened it to bleed it but nothing came out air wise and no liquid either 
  • neilc
    neilc Member Posts: 2,703
    Options
    if neither air nor water came out then,
    you need to check your pressure down at the boiler,
    and likely add water,
    post pictures of the boiler, floor to ceiling,
    and show any fittings , valves, ect on the pipes around it
    and a close up so we can see the pressure gage,
    known to beat dead horses
    SuperTech
  • neilc
    neilc Member Posts: 2,703
    Options
    actually, check closely around that air vent for a little hole or raised nipple that may be painted in or sealed shut,
    poke it with a pin or nail or something,
    or, carefully keep backing that screw out till it almost falls out, air or water should seep past its threads,
    or, see the boiler,
    known to beat dead horses