Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Steam trap?

Hello - Can anyone identify the two brass devices (after the ball valves) in this photo? They are piped to what was probably originally a wet return line in a 1-pipe system, and they discharge into a condensate set, so they are probably supposed to keep the wet return line wet. I could not read any markings on them. Thanks for any info you can provide.



  • Steamhead
    Steamhead Member Posts: 16,935
    That's a new one on me. Are there any names on them?
    All Steamed Up, Inc.
    Towson, MD, USA
    Steam, Vapor & Hot-Water Heating Specialists
    Oil & Gas Burner Service
  • Waher
    Waher Member Posts: 256
    edited February 2023
    I think those are check valves or some type of float trap.
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,724
    what is the name on the cap on the trap that is shown in the lower right in the picture? may be the same brand as they look the same color.

    Maybe send a picture to Tunstall Associates or Barnes and Jones.

    There piped like traps but they don't look like traps
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,551
    I’ve never seen this one. 
    Retired and loving it.