Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Taco Circulator pump, I think I need to change it out

Options
2»

Comments

• potatoskater
    potatoskater Member Posts: 52
    Options
    I worried I had cooked the motor as it had been so hot for so long before we figured out it was part of the problem.
    Now there is heat to the basement and was heat to the garage but overnight it stopped heating, maybe an airlock? And part of the first floor is still not heating, so I will purge again and hope for bubbles…the garage zone valve has 25v across the terminals but not a hot pipe on the return…ugh…
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,426
    Options
    Could the garage have frozen pipes? Does that zone even purge?
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • SuperTech
    SuperTech Member Posts: 2,204
    Options
    It's a good idea to replace any automatic air vents whenever you have to drain your boiler for repairs. If you don't replace them then you run the risk of one or more zones becoming air bound after the fresh, oxygen rich water is heated for the first time. 
    hot_rod
  • potatoskater
    Options
    Garage is now heating but it is a lot of water sounds. It is a tricky zone, from furnace, up to ceiling, then down to floor and through wall, then the 22 foot run or so, then through wall up to ceiling and over and down to zone valve and furnace return. Seems hard to purge this, I ran it for 10 minutes or so, small loop but such a roller coaster. I can hear the water dropping down to the radiator, I am guessing this is ok but likely inefficientl it will be 6 degrees overnight here so I’m happy it is running and figure I can fine tune things when freespze ups are no longer an imm8nent risk.
  • potatoskater
    Options
    Made it through the night! Now if I can just make it through the wilderness,,,
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,426
    Options
    Purge that loop with a high flow, that may require a transfer pump, or connect a garden hose and carefully purge while watching the pressure gauge. Systems with a lot of ups and downs are a challenge to get and keep air free.
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • potatoskater
    Options
    How do you use a trandpsfer pump to purge?. Also, if I only open the purge valve halfway will that help build pressure to force out the air?.