Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Help Identifying Euro style radiators

C

Customer has euro style radiators, approx 25 yrs old, has had 3 failures within a week. Looking to replace with the same style if at all possible but need help identifying the brand

Comments

• kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,462
    Those look like Stelrad to me.
    Those will be tough to find.
    How are they connected to the system. Most panes rads have some flexibility to pipe up. Typically they are on the bottom side.
    Supply always on the inside.
  • Conifer745
    Conifer745 Member Posts: 10
    I just installed a similar style in my home. Looks similar to Buderus models
  • JDHW
    JDHW Member Posts: 78
    I would look at Myson and Quinn Barlo. They both have panels with rounded tops.

John
  • spudwrench2
    spudwrench2 Member Posts: 22
    Those look very similar to the Myson Select ones I have from 2004, but there are some subtle differences. The profile of the "T" fitting that joins the inner and outer panel seems to have a slightly different shape.

Here's a link, there are dimensional drawings and such. https://houseneeds.com/heating/hydronic-radiators/myson-select-series-double-panel-radiator-22g-sd3060vn-sd-30-60vn

Looks like the Mysons are discontinued although there are subs. I'm just a homeowner, I'm sure some Euro-panel-rad expert will chime in any second now.
  • Paul Pollets
    Paul Pollets Member Posts: 3,661
    Could be Heatlines or Purmo as well. Any replacement in similar size and depth will work as a replacement. At one time there were 8 different German wall panel brands imported to the US. What is the purple on the rads?
  • psb75
    psb75 Member Posts: 883
    I've never seen Myson panel rads that thick or with those rounded edges on the panels (hence the hanging brackets on the backside). I don't think anyone makes panels like that any more. The best you could hope for is "old stock" that is uninstalled. Those appear to have a "thick" profile or stand-off from the wall.
    The purple on the rads is purple paint on a white rad.
  • spudwrench2
    spudwrench2 Member Posts: 22
    You're right about the rounded edges, although my Myson Selects definitely have the same style welded hanging brackets on the backs of the rads. There are two options for hanging them, there's a sort of spring loaded bracket that with a plastic sliding piece that grabs the top and bottom edges (of the non rounded edge type rads) and also some galvanized brackets which can hook onto the brackets welded onto the back of the rads. I hung some of mine with the spring loaded edge clamp brackets and some with the galvanized bracket that hooks on to the straps welded on the back of the rads.
  • clammy
    clammy Member Posts: 3,127
    I don’t know whose panels they are but I would be more alarmed as to why they are failing a educated guess would be make up water due to possible leak in the system or possibly non barrier pex tubing ,I would be trying to locate the leak and ensure that the system is not taking on any water by pressurizing the system and shutting off the feed valve if pressure drops I would be searching for a leak . A good corrosion inhibitors like sentinel products would be in line and possible a dirt mag separator . Without ensuring your not taking on make up water those new panel rads will also fail being they are thin walled steel and do not like to see a lot of fresh water when they do they rust and fail . A cast iron rads might be a bit more tolerable but taking on make up water also limes out your boiler and usually the boiler will start kettling another sign is circulator pump failure . Peace nand good luck clammy
    R.A. Calmbacher L.L.C. HVAC
    NJ Master HVAC Lic.
    Mahwah, NJ
    Specializing in steam and hydronic heating
  • Mad Dog_2
    Mad Dog_2 Member Posts: 7,354
    They are close to Buderus and Dianorm, my brands, but they look a little below them in quality and design.  Also, I have had both installed in my brothers kitchen and inlaws
    For well over 20 yrs..Little faded but not a leaker!   Mad 🐕 Dog