Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Relay vibrates off

Options
lenny13u2
lenny13u2 Member Posts: 1
The PB gas boiler manual says my DE-03-SV-WPC boiler should have a Honeywell R4222A1001 relay. The original went bad, so my plumber replaced it with a ZC90340 relay which vibrates loose over time, in spite of his efforts to tie it in place. When it gets too loose, the boiler won't shut off until I push it back into position. The poor man has since died, so I obviously can't call him back. Did he use the wrong replacement part? If so, what part do I need? It looks simple enough to just swap in a new one. I looked up the part number on the internet, and found the R4222A1001 was replaced with R4222B1082, but pictures of that relay show 4 prongs on the side where mine appears to only have 3 slots.

Comments

• HomerJSmith
    HomerJSmith Member Posts: 2,441
    edited February 2023
    Options
    That happens. There is a wire that hooks into the base and goes around the relay and holds it in the socket. You can make your own wire. No you didn't get the wrong relay.

• mattmia2
    mattmia2 Member Posts: 9,672
    Options
    I'd just loosen the plate and get a zip tie behind it and wrap a zip tie (or a couple strung together) around it and tighten the screws back down.
    HomerJSmith