Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

High intensity natural gas heaters

Options
jhbirnbaum
jhbirnbaum Member Posts: 1
 We have several HI Heaters in a 2 bay garage. They shut off the make up air and exhaust to save money on repairs.They say it's ok because it burns off in the combination in this type of heaters.They run them all day and night.to heat the 2 bays and the basement pit that has no heat.It as has 6 bulk tanks in basement.That are not vented outside.Cars pull in shut off.Then a restart Then a start to pull out all unvented running Doors are closed.This seems dangerous but I don't know much about HAVC. It's a lube station.

Comments

• EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,519
    Options
    Does not sound right to me you need make up air and exhaust at all times for them to run correctly..
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,131
    Options
    Might get a few CO detectors in the place. If they alarm, it may not be a safe place to be working.
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • WMno57
    WMno57 Member Posts: 1,265
    Options
    I'd be more worried about the pit. Years ago, pits were more common in auto repair. That turned out to be a bad idea due to gasoline fumes being heavier than air. The only places pits are installed today are oil change and heavy truck (too heavy for lift) shops. Building and fire code for Pits require sealed electrical fixtures (no sparks) and ventilation.
    Time for a career change?
    I DIY.