Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Where to buy a new steam valve

This weekend i found out my baseboard heater was leaking from a cracked cast iron steam valve. I cant find any. Need some insight. 


    JUGHNE Member Posts: 11,074
    Looks like a crack in the cast iron manifold that is part of the heater itself.

    Is this steam or hot water? The chrome plated item on the top is an air bleeder for a hot water system.

    There are no valves in the picture, just the manifold.

    This could have frozen to cause the crack?

    Time for a new heater element.
  • Mad Dog_2
    Mad Dog_2 Member Posts: 7,095
    They make replacement or you can make your own with fin tube baseboard element.   Mad Dog