Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Taco 007-F4 replacement

Options
MikeSInMass
MikeSInMass Member Posts: 4
I see that this unit has be discontinued, and looks like the -f5 which has a check flow valve built in is a direct replacement. Two questions:

1. Is it an absolute replacement, I will not need to make any changes, the length (flange - flange) is exactly the same lenght as the F4?
2. I currently have two seperate Taco checkflow valves installed, can I just leave them in place, should I remove any internal components from these?

Thank you!

Comments

• Robert_25
    Robert_25 Member Posts: 527
    Options
    The 007-F5 would be a direct swap for what you have. You won't need to remove anything (the model that comes with the intern check valve is 007-F5-7IFC).

• MikeSInMass
    Options
    Thank you, My 2nd question was regarding my seperate checkflow valves, seeing that the new circulators have the checkflow built in. Do I just leave these two seperate checkflow valves in place as is?
  • SteveSan
    SteveSan Member Posts: 235
    Options
    The 007-F5 is a direct replacement 6 3/8" flange to flange as the 007-F4 as Robert_25 has mentioned. If you don't need the IFC just order the 007-F5. If you order one with the IFC you can just remove it if you don't need it.
    MikeSInMass
  • Robert_25
    Robert_25 Member Posts: 527
    Options
    Thank you, My 2nd question was regarding my seperate checkflow valves, seeing that the new circulators have the checkflow built in. Do I just leave these two seperate checkflow valves in place as is?

They do not all have the check valve installed.  See my post above for the different part numbers.  If you can only get the IFC version for some reason, just leave the check valve out.
  • Dave H_2
    Dave H_2 Member Posts: 556
    Options
    The difference in the last number is just a version of manufacturing. When we do a major change, we will label it with the next number. A major change has nothing to do with replacement equivalents, performance or anything of the sort. It may mean we used a different vendor for the cast iron, a difference in bearing materials to make it quieter, things like that.
    -F5 means it is a (F)langed circulator and the the 5th revision over the last 50 years.

As for purchasing with or without a check valve, they are different part numbers with -IFC on the end of the part number. You can always remove a check valve if that is the only one you have and you never want to double check. If there is an external check valve present, either order the model without or remove one of them from the system.

Dave H
    Dave H
  • MikeSInMass
    Options
    Thank you.
  • Joe Mattiello
    Joe Mattiello Member Posts: 707
    Options
    Try the 007e version, same flange to flange dimension, and more efficient. Thanks for using Taco!! 
    Joe Mattiello
    N. E. Regional Manger, Commercial Products
    Taco Comfort Solutions
  • MikeSInMass
    Options
    Thank you, I will. Question re the flange nuts and bolts - I read that some say to install new bolts and nuts, why not reuse the old ones?
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,158
    Options
    Are they plated bolts and nuts, or rusty steel? If they are clean, in good shape you could reuse them, they are not under a lot of stress in that app.ication.
    Bolts and nuts are fairly inexpensive parts🤔
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream