Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Hydra evolution boiler malfunction

Options
Anton123
Anton123 Member Posts: 1
edited February 2023 in THE MAIN WALL
Hi, first time here.  I found this site when researching an issue with my 12 year old Hydra evolution boiler made by Dettson in Canada.  It seems that quite a few people have had the same issue but the posts did not end with any solution so I thought I'd give a new post a try.  Here is the issue:

After running flawlessly for 12 years, 3 weeks ago the boiler would not turn on when the thermostat called for heat. 

I have 5 zones of infloor heat and all thermostats and valves are working and I know that all the heating elements are working.  When I turned the breaker off and on to reset, it kicked on and ran fine for 2 weeks then shut off again.  Now, when I turn off and on the breaker, the pump light turns on first then the elements lights turns on then it will run for seconds, sometimes minutes before all lights go out and it starts over again and just keeps cycling.  The floors eventually do get warm but it is not working normally.

I live in rural Nova Scotia and getting a technician out here has been impossible.  
In a previous posts, people suggested that it could be a safety due to overheating but it does this from cold or an issue with the motherboard but no one had a solution.

I'll keep trying to call Dettson to see if they can help find a technician but if anyone has any ideas I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

Comments