Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Steam Plumbers westchester NY

Options
mmc239
mmc239 Member Posts: 81
Any plumbers that specialize in steam boilers in Westchester NY?

Comments

• JohnNY
    JohnNY Member Posts: 3,244
    Options
    I do a lot of consulting work in Westchester. The whole area seems to be a flat spot of mechanical talent. I do system evaluations and troubleshooting in some wonderful old homes with great 2-pipe steam systems. Always interesting work. If I can help with something, feel free to get in touch with me at john@72Fmechanical.com
    Contact John "JohnNY" Cataneo, NYC Master Plumber, Lic 1784
    Consulting & Troubleshooting
    Heating in NYC or NJ.
    Classes
    mattmia2
  • mmc239
    Options
    I have a one pipe system. Where are you located?
  • JohnNY
    Options
    I’m in both Manhattan and Orange, NJ. 
    Heating in NYC or NJ.
    Classes
    Mad Dog_2
  • Mad Dog_2
    Mad Dog_2 Member Posts: 7,192
    Options
    Johnny NY will set you on the right track. There ARE several capable contractors in the county that could follow John's Recommendations. Good luck. Youre in capable hands. Mad Dog
  • mmc239
    Options
    Thanks. I emailed him. Hopefully it works out. 
  • barretcf
    barretcf Member Posts: 1
    Options
    I ended up hiring F DiGiacomo plumbing out of Tuckahoe to replace a failed independence boiler with a new steammax in a house we recently purchased in mamaroneck. John, the owner of F DiGiacomo, was very knowledgeable about low pressure steam boilers and was well versed in Dan Holohan's work. They only install Burnham boilers so if you are interested in a Peerless 63 series you may have to look elsewhere.
    Mad Dog_2
  • ChrisJ
    ChrisJ Member Posts: 15,857
    Options
    barretcf said:

I ended up hiring F DiGiacomo plumbing out of Tuckahoe to replace a failed independence boiler with a new steammax in a house we recently purchased in mamaroneck. John, the owner of F DiGiacomo, was very knowledgeable about low pressure steam boilers and was well versed in Dan Holohan's work. They only install Burnham boilers so if you are interested in a Peerless 63 series you may have to look elsewhere.

Can you share some pictures of your new boiler with us so we can see how it's piped?
    Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment
    Mad Dog_2STEAM DOCTOR
  • Mad Dog_2
    Mad Dog_2 Member Posts: 7,192
    Options
    Good idea, Chris.  I'm always looking for good heating contractors to recd on Consults  mad Dog 🐕 
    STEAM DOCTOR
  • JohnNY
    Options
    mmc239 said:

Thanks. I emailed him. Hopefully it works out. 

Did you email me? Did we speak?
    Heating in NYC or NJ.
    Classes