Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Eating and Cooling - informal breakfast meetup in Atlanta, Tues Feb. 7, 7:30 AM Rosie's Cafe

Options
This ain't an official gathering of Wallies; let's just call it a graffiti session. Of course it's no host, so can't hold a candle to the TACO party. But going to be considerably less folks around the table and the possibility to take up the kind of important topics treated here in person and without getting lost in the crowd!

As you may know, Dan and Erin have lost a wife and mother respectively this year. While in attendance here in Atlanta, can't expect them to have the energy and focus for everything at the AHRExpo–including informal breakfasts for hotheads. They, like all of you, are invited without expectation or attendance-taking. Look for the table with the long haired 'kid' wearing a black gambler hat.

Tuesday the 7th from 7:30 AM
Rosie's Cafe
48 Northside Drive, SW
Atlanta
(across MLK drive from the SW corner of the Mercedes Stadium and 10 minute walk south of the main AHRExpo entrance to the Georgia World Congress Center)

Brian Bishop (aka Archibald Tuttle, I'm no fan of De Niro's politics but I love his portrayal of this "renegade heating engineer")
EdTheHeaterMan

Comments

• archibald tuttle
    archibald tuttle Member Posts: 1,085
    Options
    The easiest way to walk to Rosies from the Georgia World Congress Center is across the street past the bus shuttles and take the long escalator or switchback stairs on the right that go down to the entry level of the Mercedes Benz Stadium and walk out to Northside Drive and walk south, just across MLK Drive is Rosie's.

I'm going to get there early to get some seats. Easier to save them if you can make 7:30, but we'll work it out on the fly. If you can't find us, or wondering if we're still there, you can call or text me at 401-439-7877. Saw @EdTheHeaterMan and @hot_rod today. Good day at the show petulantly advocating for gas, checking out the new stuff and asking for ball valves instead of schrader cores for minisplit service ports. Off to the TACO Gala but looking forward to a decent breakfast tomorrow.

brian aka archibald
  • archibald tuttle
    Options
    of course the best way not to walk there is Uber!
  • EdTheHeaterMan
    EdTheHeaterMan Member Posts: 7,854
    Options

The easiest way to walk to Rosies from the Georgia World Congress Center is across the street past the bus shuttles and take the long escalator or switchback stairs on the right that go down to the entry level of the Mercedes Benz Stadium and walk out to Northside Drive and walk south, just across MLK Drive is Rosie's.

I'm going to get there early to get some seats. Easier to save them if you can make 7:30, but we'll work it out on the fly. If you can't find us, or wondering if we're still there, you can call or text me at 401-439-7877. Saw @EdTheHeaterMan and @hot_rod today. Good day at the show petulantly advocating for gas, checking out the new stuff and asking for ball valves instead of schrader cores for minisplit service ports. Off to the TACO Gala but looking forward to a decent breakfast tomorrow.

brian aka archibald

Thanks Archie. You know I can't walk but you give me walking directions anyway!

Edward Young Retired

After you make that expensive repair and you still have the same problem, What will you check next?

• archibald tuttle
    edited February 2023
    Options
    @EdTheHeaterMan I'm able to be ableist guy . . . :-)

I knew you knew how to get there anyway. That was for the rest of the wallies who missed out on the first annual. Don't miss "eating and cooling" next year at AHR/ASHRAE in Chicago.

(Although if we can't get a trade organization that can stand up for the trade instead of constantly throwing sops to EPA and the greens whose multiple goals are plagued with self-contradiction contradictory and often result in unintended rather than intended consequences, we should be looking for another one like AGAT All Gas all the Time or . . . OWTEW Oil's well that ends well . . . .)
    EdTheHeaterMan
  • unclejohn
    unclejohn Member Posts: 1,833
    Options
    Were all in this together Brian I mean Mr Tuttle