Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Hydronic valves

Can anyone tell me about the valve  lower part of the picture it has an H on it.  Hydronic heating loop


    JUGHNE Member Posts: 11,104
    The lower left device looks like a quarter turn plug valve for balancing flow.

    Loosen the nut and rotate the slotted plug with a screwdriver.
    Slot parallel with pipe is open....perpendicular is closed.

    Usually not 100% shut off but close.

    Top left may be for bleeding air?...1/4 turn also.
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,472
    The top valve also look like a gauge cock. If it is bushed down to 1/4” it may have been used to check pressure

    Or a manual vent port
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream