Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Where to buy insulating panels for Burnam gas boilers? The box around and over burner tubes.

Options
eclecticmn
eclecticmn Member Posts: 121
I have a Burnham series 3 model 305NI-G made in 2010.
At least one insulating panel broke and fell on top of the burner tubes and was removed.
The part numbers are 72007001 (2), 72007051, 72007052.
Everyone seems to be out. Burnham says they are "obsolete" with no recommended replacement. I tried Radell and they were out but said they would check.
I measured the broken pieces but the thickness varied. Kind burned pieces.

If I could find the dimensions maybe I could buy some ceramic fiber boards and cut them.
Any ideas?
Home owner near Minneapolis with cast iron radiators, one non working slant fin now ripped out, and hot water heat.

Comments

• eclecticmn
    Options
    Called a Burnham distributor. They said to call a HVAC contractor.
    Home owner near Minneapolis with cast iron radiators, one non working slant fin now ripped out, and hot water heat.
  • ch4man
    ch4man Member Posts: 296
    Options
    Auer Steel can get those but they're wholesale only so you would need a contractor who has an account with them to buy.
    its a known issue.
    eclecticmn
  • MikeAmann
    MikeAmann Member Posts: 997
    edited January 2023
    Options
    I am NOT saying to do this, or whether it's right or wrong, but on my oil boiler I used fiberglass suspended ceiling panels. Don't forget to remove the white plastic.
    For areas where the fiberglass will not stand up to the heat, try cement board.
    eclecticmn
  • eclecticmn
    Options
    Thanks. I see there are similar or identical panels used in wood stoves but I need to get the dimensions.
  • mattmia2
    mattmia2 Member Posts: 9,646
    Options
    High temp fiberglass doesn't have plastic binders in it, regular insulation does. Some will argue that doesn't make a difference in this application.
    eclecticmn