Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Lochinvar rbn090

Options
rasjr
rasjr Member Posts: 2
Hello, I have a Lochinvar rbn090 boiler heat system and my heat went out, I was able to start it up, and then it would cut out. So I change out the gas valve, for the boiler still nothing eventually I was able to get it started up but there were multiple problems trying to start up the boiler even though there was voltage, I was able to start it up by disconnecting the damper wires to the boiler and attaching the thermostat wires to the boiler itself. It eventually ran for a couple of hours and then the boiler cut off and I am not unable to get it started up again. I was looking for any suggestions, could it be the s86h ignition module being the problem or the new gas valve connections not accepting into the old boiler even though the gas valve works and is the proper model? If anyone has suggestions about what to do and how to start it up and keep it running would be great. 

Comments

• hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,143
    Options
    A simple step to try is check every wire connection. Remove them and reinsert. Look inside any molex plugs to see if the pins are still making contact

Any green ground wire, remove the screw and retighten.

Intermittent faults are often wiring related.

Does it have a motorized vent damper? Another common fail point. Some can be locked open to test.
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream