Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Furnace replacement form

RayWohlfarth
RayWohlfarth Member Posts: 1,459
Does anyone have a form they use when replacing a residential furnace or AC? I saw one once where they had drawings where the salesperson could fill in dimensions? Thanks
Ray Wohlfarth
Boiler Lessons

Comments

• EdTheHeaterMan
    EdTheHeaterMan Member Posts: 7,713
    edited January 2023
    Doc Rusk had a course I took back in the day. The form was there in the old binder that I got when I took the seminar. I wish I knew where that binder is now.
    Edward F Young. Retired HVAC ContractorSpecialized in Residential Oil Burner and Hydronics
  • RayWohlfarth
    Lol I ask myself the same question everyday 
    Ray Wohlfarth
    Boiler Lessons
  • EdTheHeaterMan
    EdTheHeaterMan Member Posts: 7,713
    It was a seminar on "How to run a HVAC business". the basic point was How to get started in the Service Agreement business". The number you needed to crunch to figure out how to price the different plans. there were over 20 different service agreements in that binder, all printed from an office copy machine on different colored paper. Heat pump, Oil furnace, Gas furnace, Air conditioner, Oil boiler, Gas Boiler, even separate ones for steam boilers. And there were different levels of coverage from maintenance only to discount to full parts and labor coverage. He has a very logical approach to making up that price.

The second day was all about selling new equipment and there was 4 different furnaces on a 17 x 11 sheet of paper folded in half. Side one was customer info. Page 2 & 3 was all the whole house Load calc info with a place to draw the house and answer the U factor questions. (Load calc was done back at the office before computers) Then the last page was the 4 different furnaces Up, Down, Horizontal and Low Boy or basement furnace. Even had smoke pipe size. I recall, forgetting that all the time.
    Edward F Young. Retired HVAC ContractorSpecialized in Residential Oil Burner and Hydronics
  • GGross
    GGross Member Posts: 1,022
    @RayWohlfarth

You mean you don't just quote a number and then send the guys in blind to do a changeout?! :D
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,453
    LOL. Do what the other companies do. Throw a dart at the wall.
  • RayWohlfarth
    @GGross LOL exactly
    @EBEBRATT-Ed LOL tanks Ed
    Ray Wohlfarth
    Boiler Lessons
  • RayWohlfarth
    I made up a form You are welcome to see it
    Ray Wohlfarth
    Boiler Lessons
    GGross