Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Small Boroscope

Options
Grallert
Grallert Member Posts: 644
Hi all. I very often have to clear very old drains here. The building I take care of is coming on 100 years old is of masonry block construction. All of the plumbing it set in stone so to speak. In other words there is no access to any or very little of the piping. I rely heavily on the building plans but they only get me so far. I thought a borescope might be helpful in determining the lay of the piping land. I see a ton of them on line and it gets overwhelming. Do any of you use one of the little hand held types and can make a recommendation? This is something I'm likely to use a few times a year, although I might find more reasons to use one if I had one.
Miss Hall's School service mechanic, greenhouse manager,teacher and dog walker

Comments

• STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,505
    Options
    What length do you need

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Grallert
    Options
    Really no more than 15'. Most of what I'd be looking at is 1 1/2 up 2". Every5thing quickly connects to 4"
  • STEVEusaPA
    edited January 2023
    Options
    I use this one, but only for dry stuff (running wires). You need to use the app and look at your phone. For wet stuff you may want one of the ones with it’s own screen
    https://depstech.com/products/wifi-endoscope-wf028-dual-lens

• Grallert
    Options
    Thank you Steve. This what I have been looking at. Boy there's a ton of them out there. The price is right.
    M
  • Larry Weingarten
    Larry Weingarten Member Posts: 3,304
    Options
    Hi, I got a Vevor unit. It might be too much for your purposes, but it does work. Also it can record a movie for your viewing pleasure 😎

Yours, Larry
    Grallert
  • Grallert
    Options
    I just ordered a DEPSTECH endoscope. It was cheap enough the take the risk on. It'll get used one way or another. My main concern is will it get through ancient 1 1/2 galvanized pipe and around corners... We'll see
  • gsk3
    gsk3 Member Posts: 21
    Options
    I find these useful for a few feet. Had a cheap one but it wasn’t clear enough to help. Got an articulating (eg you can steer it like your doctor steers her colonoscopy) scope from Amazon. I think the brand was Teslayong or something but just read reviews focused on image quality and look for pictures in dark places close up (lighting and focus both matter). 15 feet is optimistic, maybe if you attach it to wire puller tape or something to help guide….
    Grallert
  • STEVEusaPA
    edited February 2023
    Options

• Grallert
    Options
    Ooooo I do like the flex option.