Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.


e123b123 Member Posts: 3
Hi,  does anyone know the purpose of boiler petcocks on the water column?


    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 13,170
    To check the water level usually 3 of them hi-lo-middle. It's used to verify the level in the gauge glass. Usually only see them on high pressure steam or old boilers
    Mad Dog_2
  • bburd
    bburd Member Posts: 593
    Those are called "try cocks".

    Mad Dog_2e123b123CLamb
  • Mad Dog_2
    Mad Dog_2 Member Posts: 3,942
    And they don't even need a picture....Its burned in to their brains!   Cool. Mad 🐕 Dog.