Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Kitec Warmrite In floor heating system

Hello.  We purchased a home with a kitec in floor heating system.  It is fed from a hot water boiler.

I have been having issues maintaining a proper operating temperature.  One day it is sky high.  A few days later, it is low.

Wondering what I might be doing wrong with its operation.  Or if there is potentially a flawed component.

Comments

• hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,018
    Right below the pump is a motorized mixing valve. It and or the control that runs it could be acting up

You should be able to hear or see it moving to mix a stable temperature 
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • Wmenheere
    Wmenheere Member Posts: 8
    hot_rod said:
    Right below the pump is a motorized mixing valve. It and or the control that runs it could be acting up

You should be able to hear or see it moving to mix a stable temperature 
    Thanks hot_rod.  That unit does appear to work.  To it's optimum capacity....I'm not really sure.

Seperate question.  Could another possible issue be with the flow preventer that is tied into the house hot water line?  If so, what might I see for issues with pressures?

• hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,018
    Is that water heater the heat source?
    look for any strainer or filter in the piping, those can clog after years of use

if the heater is up to temperature and the supply to the floor is bouncing around, I suspect the mixing valve or control

Id be surprised if parts are still available, but valves can be disassembled and cleaned if they lime up
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
    Wmenheere
  • Derheatmeister
    Derheatmeister Member Posts: 1,524
    That grey box in the upper right side corner may have a (Tekmar) control that modulates the mixing valve based on the outdoor conditions...Can you open the box and post some pictures ?
  • Wmenheere
    Wmenheere Member Posts: 8
    That grey box in the upper right side corner may have a (Tekmar) control that modulates the mixing valve based on the outdoor conditions...Can you open the box and post some pictures ?
    Let me know if these photos are sufficient or not
  • Derheatmeister
    Derheatmeister Member Posts: 1,524
    Does not look like a outdoor reset control...Just a control that should modulate the 3 way mixing valve probably using a capilary tube..Is there a Capilary tube that looks like a Copper wire hanging out/ broken off of the red/Brown control ?