Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Steam Sauna / Korean Spa

Options
Somehow, I thought of posting here when I was looking at the radiator in the steam sauna today. It definitely helps my sinuses, and feels great. Have you been to a Korean Spa /Sauna? I liked the steam sauna at a resort my wife and I visited in her country, Lithuania, so searched for a steam sauna here in south Orange County, California and found Irvine Spa several years ago. 30,000 square feet: Just $25 to stay all day (more for body scrubs, massages). Enter, then get a shirt and shorts, and electronic locker key. Go right for men, left for women to the shoe lockers. The first thing you see in the men's locker room is a barber on the left, and a TV lounge on the right. Stow your "street" clothes and either don the shirt and shorts to go into the common area, or enjoy the jetted pools (hot, medium, cold, the same as the Romans had), the steam sauna, the dry sauna, and/or a body scrub (feels great). There are both sit-down and stand-up showers with soap, shampoo, shaving cream, disposable razors, and plenty of towels. There is also an area in the locker room with hair dryers. People bring their children (and there is a tot room in the common area for the youngest ones). Go into the co-ed common area and you find large lounge with a heated floor. There is a full Korean restaurant and coffee shop. The co-ed saunas are super hot, warm with nice bags of spices on the walls, warm aromatic wood, warm with salt on the floor, and refrigerated.
Author of Illustrated Practical Asbestos: For Consultants, Contractors, Property Managers & Regulators
hot_rod

Comments

• reggi
    reggi Member Posts: 522
    Options
    You get a lot for $25..
    One way to get familiar something you know nothing about is to ask a really smart person a really stupid question
  • FStephenMasek
    FStephenMasek Member Posts: 88
    Options
    Yes, it is a good deal. They use a lot of natural gas running all of their boilers.
    Author of Illustrated Practical Asbestos: For Consultants, Contractors, Property Managers & Regulators