Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Bryant 234B Boiler start issue

Options
alphons3k
alphons3k Member Posts: 2
I have Bryant 234B Boiler combi water heater and heat,
usually, if you turn up the heat thermostat, you can hear the boiler cut on, and the fire starts. or if you take a shower, the hot water falls and the boiler cuts on.
Lately, my boiler does not always cut on after these events, it will at some point but not always. i changed basically every part the aquastat l4080d 1010, aquastat l6006a, and the white Rodgers 90-380 relay, but I'm still having the issue.
The flame will eventually run for a while, then cut off, sometimes it will work, sometimes it won't. what could be the issue

Comments

• mattmia2
    mattmia2 Member Posts: 9,670
    Options
    what's the voltage from the thermopile?
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,544
    Options
    Changing parts will do nothing except cost you money. You need to use your meter and some observation to find what is shutting the boiler down or is keeping it from running
    mattmia2
  • ch4man
    ch4man Member Posts: 296
    Options
    please stop and call a pro. your issues a due to 1) a safety that's failing or 2) a safety that's doing its job. a misdiagnosed safety can end in very bad ways.
    it appears to be a bimetal safety. they can fail in a bad way
  • alphons3k
    alphons3k Member Posts: 2
    Options
    I called a pro, he said it was too old, he cant look at it. charged me $126 for comming
  • mattmia2
    mattmia2 Member Posts: 9,670
    Options
    How do i get a gig like that, show up, announce i'm incompetent, collect $100.

Show us a picture of the writing on the gas valve and of the pilot burner and safety at the pilot burner. I think it is a millivolt system but if there is a switch at the pilot instead of a thermopile it is important that is working right.