Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Taco VR20-H Error Code E54

Good Morning,
I'm a rep looking for explanation of the unlisted E54 error code on Taco VR20-H.
Circulator continues to ramp down after being set in constant pressure mode at 40'H. No other control wiring - jumper across enable. Performed a factory reset so we will have fresh error codes Monday but prior codes were E51 & E54. I know the VR is protecting itself but I'd like to better explain why?

Comments

• EdTheHeaterMan
    EdTheHeaterMan Member Posts: 8,319
    edited January 2023
    This sounds like a job for TACOMAN
    TacoMan... Faster than a speeding air vent
    TacoMan... More powerful than a Beckett Burner
    TacoMan... Able to leap tall radiators in a single bound.
    Disguised as @Joe Mattiello Mild mannered trainer for a great metropolitan pump manufacturer
    Fights a never ending battle for truth, justice , and secret error codes.

Edward Young Retired

After you make that expensive repair and you still have the same problem, What will you check next?

SteveSan
  • SteveSan
    SteveSan Member Posts: 243
    Was the motor taken away from the casing before install? Typically see these errors when the contractor disassembles the motor from the casing before install with the volute attached to the piping. This should be done on a bench to ensure correct alignment. Please give Taco Technical Services a call during normal business hours Mon-Fri 8am-5pm EST 401-942-8000.
    EdTheHeaterMan
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,702

Good Morning,
    I'm a rep looking for explanation of the unlisted E54 error code on Taco VR20-H.
    Circulator continues to ramp down after being set in constant pressure mode at 40'H. No other control wiring - jumper across enable. Performed a factory reset so we will have fresh error codes Monday but prior codes were E51 & E54. I know the VR is protecting itself but I'd like to better explain why?

If only you knew a Taco rep that could help you get after hour/ weekend service :)
    Say hello to the team, happy new year!
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
    EdTheHeaterManRich_49