Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Monoflow Tee source?

Options
STEAM DOCTOR
STEAM DOCTOR Member Posts: 2,000
Hi. Looking for brick and mortar place, Queens/Brooklyn/LI, that carries Monoflow Tee. Need 1.25 - 1/2" .  Old one froze and cracked. IPS would be ideal. I guess online sources would be helpful as well. SupplyHouse.com has some sweat fittings, so I do have options. Current fitting is IPS. Can use sweat T but would either need to offset a bit or rerun good bit of 1.25 pipe. Not easily accessible. 

Comments

• EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,607
    edited January 2023
    Options
    I could only find sweat. Legend valve makes 1 1/4 x 1/2 I suppose you could put 2 1 1/4 fitting adapters in one.

Can't find anyone who makes CI. Guess their extinct.

I am sure some supply house has some stashed in a dusty basement.
  • STEAM DOCTOR
    Options
    "1.25" fitting adapter"?? Got to ask. What is a fitting adapter? Thanks
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    Options
    Like a female copper adapter except the non threaded end fits inside the copper fitting instead of fitting over the tubing. Maybe you call them something else?
  • STEAM DOCTOR
    Options
    Street fitting. Good idea. 
  • STEAM DOCTOR
    Options
    Would still require a slight offset. Do you think that would be an issue with the flow balance? I know that monoflow are very sensitive to pressure drops and the like.
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    Options
    In Nibco it is a #603-2. Yeah I guess some call it a street adapter. Where I am from it is a fitting adapter.

Amazing how the terminology changes 2 states away. I think it would be fine.

What about putting in a standard tee and a balance valve between the radiator tees? Would accomplish the same thing. Sounds like you have to cut and thread anyhow unless you use propress or Mega press to get it in
  • STEAM DOCTOR
    Options
    Balancing valve is also an idea. But would need customer to sign a disclaimer that all of the problems in the next 50 years are not results of the balancing valve being set improperly. I need to see if there's enough room for a balancing valve. Inch and a quarter valves take up a lot of space. And the access is a little bit iffy.
  • STEAM DOCTOR
    Options
    Are all monoflo or Venturi T's the same? Do I run the risk of throwing the system out of balance by replacing one brand with a different brand? Not that it really matters because I do not have a choice.
  • STEAM DOCTOR
    Options
    Next conversation with the customer is going to be disclaimer City!!!
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    Options
    They are different with different pressure drops. I know years ago Taco offered "std. venturi" and "super venturi". Don't know about B & G

But I don't think changing 1 tee is going to matter much if at all.

• EBEBRATT-Ed
    edited January 2023
    Options
    I just checked Taco site and they are extinct there they don't even offer CI or sweat which I was surprised.
  • Mad Dog_2
    Mad Dog_2 Member Posts: 7,096
    Options
    Try Chris Smith at New Hyde Park Plumbing Supply. 516.328.0499
  • STEAM DOCTOR
    Options
    @Mad Dog_2. Thanks. Will give him a call. 
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    Options
    ZORO has 1 1/4 x 1/2 Legend Valve venturi Tee
  • retiredguy
    retiredguy Member Posts: 913
    Options
    AF supply at 973-482-4444 in Harrison NJ claims to have both 1.5x1.5x.5 and 1.25x1.25x.5. I would call them to see if they have any.
  • STEAM DOCTOR
    Options
    Thanks for all the leads. I was able to get from AF supply. Lafayette avenue in Brooklyn
  • STEAM DOCTOR
    Options
    B and G. Cast iron.