Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Radiant Heat Issues controlled by WIRSBO panel

Options
I purchased a residence which had a HTP boilter and two WIRSBO four panel controllers. One of the controllers has a red light on all the time. I have no idea what any of these lights mean. The wiring is messy and is confusing. My house is heating ok with multiple zones, but I dont understand it. Where can I get more information or talk to someone. Thanks

Comments

• EdTheHeaterMan
    EdTheHeaterMan Member Posts: 7,844
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Take a picture of the Wirsbo panel and post it here. A picture is best because you may have an older version of this item https://s3.amazonaws.com/s3.supplyhouse.com/product_files/A3031003-User-Guide.pdf

1. The general idea is that a room sensor of some type (Floor temperature or wall thermostat) will signal the zone motors on the manifold (the one with the valves) will open one or more valves so heated water can flow.
    2. Once the valve is open fully, there is a switch in the valve head (motor(s) on top of the manifold valve) the switch is called an end switch.
    3. The end switch will activate the heating unit (Your HTP)
    4. The boiler (your HTP) will heat the water and a circulator pump willl make it flow thru the manifold valves that are open > Thru the floor tubing > release some heat to the floors > and return back to the boiler to be heated again.
    5. This continues until the room sensor is satisfied.
    6. Then the valve motors allow the valves to close.
    7. Then the boiler will shut off and stop making heat. (Provided there are no other zones calling, which in the very cold winter days, may not happen very often)
    Edward F Young. Retired HVAC ContractorSpecialized in Residential Oil Burner and Hydronics
  • Mranfranz
    Mranfranz Member Posts: 7
    Options

• Mranfranz
    Options

• Mranfranz
    Options
    Do I need a SetPoint 501s A3041501 controller? from the instruction manual it shows a setpoint device.
  • Karl Reynolds
    Karl Reynolds Member Posts: 63
    Options
    The two boxes appear to be different generations. Maybe one was replaced at some time. I can I.D. the top box part number as A303004, circa 2005. It was discontinued in 2013.
  • Mranfranz
    Options
    Do I need still need a SetPoint 501s A3041501 controller also? Should I get two new WIRSBO panels to insure they are working correctly. The prevouis owner will not provide me with any information. also, I would like to thank everyone that is posting to help me out!!!
  • EdTheHeaterMan
    EdTheHeaterMan Member Posts: 7,844
    Options
    Thanks for the pictures

Read my edit above.

Edward F Young. Retired HVAC ContractorSpecialized in Residential Oil Burner and Hydronics
  • Mranfranz
    Options
    that helps a lot. Your diagram is easy to understand and makes sense.
  • Mranfranz
    Options
    Edward Young, Do I need still need a SetPoint 501s A3041501 controller also?