Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Rinnai i060SN in eco mode..

Options
DR650
DR650 Member Posts: 2
edited February 2023 in Gas Heating
new install . so far no complaints . Just curious about eco mode .
First question . At the end of the heating cycle when the baseboard symbol cuts off the unit ramps up / speeds up ( not sure of the proper nomenclature ) for a minute or so and then shuts down . What exactly is happening at that point in the cycle ? It's super quiet up until that point.

second question : how beneficial is eco mode ? The manual states " To reduce the amount of gas used in CH operation,Eco mode will turn off for five minutes at random intervals" . With that said the unit seems to come on and off a lot imho ? How beneficial is that on & off , on & off.

I've been heating the past 8 years with heat pump electric only which just ran & ran for what seemed like hours to satisfy the thermostat when temps are in low 30's.
Home is a 1960's 1800 sq ft brick ranch moderately insulated ( new windows , blown
insulation etc..) Located in Virginia Beach so we only get 3-4 months of 30 ish temperatures.

Only had gas to home for past 2 years and had a Rinnai non-condensing tankless water heater installed to see had we would like it after the 10+ yr old electric tank crapped out.
Now I have two separate systems so I did end up spending more $ but I was hesitant on a Combi unit as a couple of neighbors had issues with their Combi's

any thoughts Rinnai Pros ?

Comments