Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

ZVC Controller with Nest Thermostats?

Options
apost
apost Member Posts: 2
edited December 2022 in Thermostats and Controls
Will this board support powering 2 Nest Thermostats? This is a heat only system on a gas boiler. The zones are powering Taco 555 power heads.

I was told I can connect the spare therm wires to their associated #1 zone contact below. Are there any downsides to doing that or is it safe?

The pinned Taco instruction sheet does not include my board (an older 403 model with no C for thermostats)

Comments

• SteveSan
    SteveSan Member Posts: 235
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Please see the 2nd wiring diagram on the attachment. If you have any questions, please give Taco Technical Services a call during normal business hours Mon-Fri 8am-5pm EST 401-942-8000
  • SteveSan
    Options
    I found another copy of the wiring diagram for older ZVC control. Please use the 2nd page as the 1st page is for the older SR controls.
    apost
  • apost
    apost Member Posts: 2
    Options
    SteveSan said:

I found another copy of the wiring diagram for older ZVC control. Please use the 2nd page as the 1st page is for the older SR controls.

Thank you Steve. That is confirmation I received from someone else. I appreciate you taking the time to do that.
    SteveSan
  • SteveSan
    Options
    @apost You're welcome! Please give us a call if you have any other questions regarding Taco products.