Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Help with Furnace

Options
clh186
clh186 Member Posts: 2
edited December 2022 in Oil Heating
I woke up this morning with my house at 54⁰. My thermostat was set but my heat never kicked on in the night. I watched and googled what it could be. I did a reset and it fired back up and was on all day about 12 hours until I turned the thermostat down before I left. Came home and it was the same issue. It stopped working. Have a 2013 Beckett. When I switch the power on, it clicks once, no fan and just has a solid red light. I've slacked on yearly service over the past couple years so I know I did this to myself. Any ideas if this is an easy fix and what it might be? Could it be as simple as a clogged filter or more of a dead ignitor? I've read they only last about 7 years. Thanks for the help.

Comments

• mattmia2
    mattmia2 Member Posts: 9,705
    Options
    You need an oil burner tech.
    MikeAmannJohnNYSuperTechCamperch
  • mattmia2
    mattmia2 Member Posts: 9,705
    Options
    To elaborate, there are a lot of things that could be going on here and some of them could cause a fire so it is critical that you get a competent oil burner tech to figure out what is going on.
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,574
    Options
    Sounds like the burner motor is bad or off on overload.

You need to call a tech. Not having been service in a while is a can of worms. You could have real problems.
  • clh186
    clh186 Member Posts: 2
    Options
    Thanks for the responses. I reset it again this morning since it's so cold. It's been running all day without stopping which it hasn't done the past few days. Wouldn't it stop itself if there was a serious issue? I read that this happened with somebodys Beckett and they had to upgrade the electric oil igniter.
  • Kickstand55
    Kickstand55 Member Posts: 110
    Options
    That was somebody else's issue. Yours may be different since it's been a long time being serviced.
    Rather than risking your luck or even life, get someone reputable to do a full service and diagnostic.
    There are contractor posted on this site that may be in your area.
    mattmia2