Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Taco X Pump Block -- Good Alternatives?

Options
Greetings,

I have used Taco X-Pump Blocks for many years. It has always been a great component for smaller HX applications. Does so much in a beautiful compact unit. Over the years, I have watched as the price increased and availability decreased. It seems they are now extremely difficult to get. Has anyone found a good alternative? I really like being able to dial in a setpoint and let the variable pump draw only as much water as necessary from the potable water heater. There has to be something similar out there. I have an immediate need and would like to avoid buying a flat plate HX, pumps, piping, etc.

I await your collective wisdom...

Comments

• hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,131
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Viega has a similar product, no HX.

There is a Canadian company that builds HX modules, the name escapes me? He builds blocks out of composite.

PAW out of Germany builds a bunch of different DHW HX modules, not sure if anyone imports them, try Solarnetix. Alpha Thermal in MA was a PAW importer also.

Utica has a DHW module that could maybe updated with a tekmar control?

Caleffi has a bunch also, but we don't have a US version. They would need 120V components, NSF, UL, etc, etc listings to Americanize them.

You probably could not build one with off the shelf components for the cost of the Taco??

With these DHW modules you could add the VS control to the pump, then add the distribution pump as required.
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream