Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Any Single Pipe Steam Experts In Denver?

As there are no contractors listed in Colorado on Heating Help, I thought I'd poll the forum and see if anyone has a recommendation. I own in an old building in Denver with 18 units and single pipe steam heat. My unit is on the second floor and the heat is intermittent at best. When it is consistently cold, the system performs better, but when days are above freezing, there is often no heat even when the system cycles. I spoke with the neighbors in the basement two levels down and they have heat all the time (usually too much). Lots of banging in pipes as well. The HOA has a property manager who has a commercial plumbing contractor managing the system. I got a quick tutorial through one of Dan's books and spotted some things that look out of place. 1) All of the newer piping near the boilers is copper. 2) There is no pipe insulation to be seen 3) There appears to be a sag in the main line to my half of the building. Don't know what the pressure is set at or vent condition. Anyway, this seems like adequate justification to ask the HOA to ask the property manager to get a second opinion checkup from a good steam contractor. Problem is, I'm probably gonna get one shot at this and want to get the right person in there to assess...

Comments

• DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,577
    Retired and loving it.
  • WayOutWest
    WayOutWest Member Posts: 2
    Thanks Dan! Keep enjoying that retired life.
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,577
    Doing my best! 😂
    Retired and loving it.
  • Derheatmeister
    Derheatmeister Member Posts: 1,573
    Try Advanced hydronics in Denver (303) 778-7772..
    If they can't help they may know someone that can.
  • SteamCoffee
    SteamCoffee Member Posts: 122
    Iirc there was a guy in Aurora that rehabbed Radiators and sold them. He posted on here a few years ago, his name escapes me now. How about some pics?
  • Derheatmeister
    Derheatmeister Member Posts: 1,573

Iirc there was a guy in Aurora that rehabbed Radiators and sold them. He posted on here a few years ago, his name escapes me now. How about some pics?

His name is Dave Stroman 303 369 9737.