Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Taco Zone Sentry

Alan (California Radiant) Forbes
Alan (California Radiant) Forbes Member Posts: 4,152
edited December 2022 in THE MAIN WALL
I used the last operator off my truck last week and wanted to order some more. None of my regular vendors have them and they are back-ordered into next year. Is this just a supply chain issue or is Taco doing a re-design?
8.33 lbs./gal. x 60 min./hr. x 20°ΔT = 10,000 BTU's/hour

Two btu per sq ft for degree difference for a slab

Comments

• SteveSan
    SteveSan Member Posts: 243
    Taco Comfort Solutions like every other manufacture are having issues with material supply chain shortages, and the difficulty obtaining the required parts to supply our customers with the product they need. We are working diligently every day to produce our products. We appreciate your support and hope you can be patient while we continue to work hard to fill our orders
    Alan (California Radiant) Forbes
  • HomerJSmith
    HomerJSmith Member Posts: 2,549
    This is just the beginning of worse problems to come. To carry stock or not to carry stock that is the question. The day of running to the wholesale distributor of parts that you need immediately may be coming to a close.

Last year, I ordered a part in November and didn't receive it until the second week of February. That was fast service, hmmm.
  • psb75
    psb75 Member Posts: 883
    I needed a Taco 3 zone valve controller for a job a few weeks back. Couldn't find one. Back ordered everywhere. So...I got a Taco 4 zone valve controller instead. A few dozen extra bucks. Boom. Done.
  • TonKa
    TonKa Member Posts: 104
    edited December 2022
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,700
    e commerce is the changing face of our supply industry. I have gotten parts from SupplyHouse.com overnight! They are, or will be soon, one day shipping from any location in the US, rumor has it.

Some of the wholesalers have e commerce sites also. You need to shop around these days for availability.

Wholesalers that have product may be willing to Uber it out to your service call location.

I ordered a Mr Buddy heater from Amazon last week, 9:00 I placed the order, had the unit on my door step by dinner time.

Were they at the end of the street waiting with my heater? Do they read my mind when I dreamed about a heater a few days before?
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • SteveSan
    Just be careful when buying any Taco product on ebay or Amazon. Zone Sentry valves and actuators have a 3 year warranty from the manufacturers date code on the product. All warranty's are always handled through place of purchase. I would ask the seller what is the date code on the product first.
    Alan (California Radiant) ForbesTonKa
  • @SteveSan Do you have any idea when they will be available? My suppliers are saying February. :(+
    8.33 lbs./gal. x 60 min./hr. x 20°ΔT = 10,000 BTU's/hour

Two btu per sq ft for degree difference for a slab
  • SteveSan
    Unfortunately I do not know Alan being in Technical Services. But what I do know production is working 3 shifts and the last couple of weeks have been working Saturdays & Sunday as well.
    DJD775Alan (California Radiant) Forbes
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,983
    Maybe someday we will smarten up in this country and make the parts we need on American, Mexican or Canadian soil.

They had or have car built that they can't sell due to lack of computer chips.

What will we do if we need rockets or bombs? Wait for computer chips for them as well??
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,700

Maybe someday we will smarten up in this country and make the parts we need on American, Mexican or Canadian soil.

They had or have car built that they can't sell due to lack of computer chips.

What will we do if we need rockets or bombs? Wait for computer chips for them as well??

China established a goal a long time ago to become the manufacturing hub for the world. Currently 30% of manufactured goods come from China, in the electronics category it is in the 70% range. So I've read.

With a 1.41 billion labor force willing to work for low wages, that is a hard nut to crack for US manufacturers. Anyone you know willing to work for 14 yuan ($2.02)per hour?

Automation, robots, is one key to making it happen in the US. Some of the brass components we make are untouched by a human hand until you open the box on the jobsite! Fully automated production from raw brass to the automated warehouse.

Oregon seems to be on a path to be a player in the semiconductor manufacturing, some better news for the hometown manufacturing options.
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • pedmec
    pedmec Member Posts: 1,009
    Anybody willing to work for 14 yuan can call my office. We will train.
    GGross
  • Rich_49
    Rich_49 Member Posts: 2,768
    You didn't get what you didn't pay for and it will never be what you thought it would .
    Langans Plumbing & Heating LLC
    732-751-1560
    Serving most of New Jersey, Eastern Pa .
    Consultation, Design & Installation anywhere
    Rich McGrath 732-581-3833
  • STEAM DOCTOR
    STEAM DOCTOR Member Posts: 2,087
    Only have normally open in stock