Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

p-wtgo-6 water content

mikedo
mikedo Member Posts: 216
does anyone know how much water this boiler holds its a wiel mclain. tech support has a 2 hr wait and the distributor cant find it in literature

Comments

• 8.33 lbs./gal. x 60 min./hr. x 20°ΔT = 10,000 BTU's/hour

Two btu per sq ft for degree difference for a slab
  • EdTheHeaterMan
    EdTheHeaterMan Member Posts: 8,319
    edited December 2022
    About 18.4 gallons

Edward Young Retired

After you make that expensive repair and you still have the same problem, What will you check next?

• mikedo
    mikedo Member Posts: 216
    thank you i was looking online but could not find it needs antifreeze. its slightly oversized 6 section in an 1700 sq ft ranch
  • KC_Jones
    KC_Jones Member Posts: 5,756
    mikedo said:

thank you i was looking online but could not find it needs antifreeze. its slightly oversized 6 section in an 1700 sq ft ranch

That is way more than slightly. If I was guessing I'd say it's 3-4 times the size required for that house.
    2014 Weil Mclain EG-40
    EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Boiler Control
    Boiler pictures updated 2/21/15
    EdTheHeaterManHVACNUT
  • EdTheHeaterMan
    EdTheHeaterMan Member Posts: 8,319
    KC_Jones said:

mikedo said:

That is way more than slightly. If I was guessing I'd say it's 3-4 times the size required for that house.
    Maybe you could let it freeze and see if the insurance company can get you a new boiler. The correct size boiler.

Disclaimer: This is not a real suggestion

Edward Young Retired

After you make that expensive repair and you still have the same problem, What will you check next?