Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

My new Youtube channel, Boiler Room Detective

RayWohlfarth
RayWohlfarth Member Posts: 1,594
Hey all,
I just started a new YouTube channel called Boiler Room Detective. It features short videos (less than 6 minutes long) about boiler problems I have seen in the field and the strange solutions. In the future, I will be doing interviews with people in the industry talking about their craziest boiler room experiences.
Ray

The link is below:
https://www.youtube.com/@boilerroomdetective9019/videos
Ray Wohlfarth
Boiler Lessons
hot_rodDJD775Larry WeingartenCLambLong Beach EdErin Holohan Haskellaircooled81PC7060

Comments

• DJD775
    DJD775 Member Posts: 252
    Subscribed
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,983
    Nice! Will check it out and subscribe.
  • RayWohlfarth
    Thank you
    Ray Wohlfarth
    Boiler Lessons
  • Mad Dog_2
    Mad Dog_2 Member Posts: 7,351
    Wow.  Ray,  Thank you for sharing your wealth of experience with us.  Cool. Mad dog
  • Mad Dog_2
    Mad Dog_2 Member Posts: 7,351
    edited December 2022
    This is great, Ray.  Theres  no better feeling than  when an arrogant person INSISTS they are correct about something but YOU know better and then 'splain it to em.  Hubris is a road to mistakes and failure.  I subscribed.  Time to get the rest of your great books. Mad Dog
  • neilc
    neilc Member Posts: 2,727
    edited December 2022
    Case of the Faulty Flame Safeguard

that's one everyone needs to watch, and listen to
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmr9dOjyQHo
    known to beat dead horses
    Turbo DavePC7060
  • RayWohlfarth
    @Mad Dog_2 Thanks for the feedback It is a great feeling explaining tactfully to a know it all the error of their thinking
    @neilc Thanks for the endorsement
    Ray Wohlfarth
    Boiler Lessons
    CLamb
  • aircooled81
    aircooled81 Member Posts: 205
    Lessons Learned Servicing Boilers was a good read, I'll definitely check out your channel Ray.
  • retiredguy
    retiredguy Member Posts: 955
    Started listening and enjoying today, thanks Ray. I was always amazed by the quick fixes and stupid mistakes people made to get heat into a building. Imagine walking into a school or institution and seeing a large cast iron boiler melted almost to the outside jacket or a boiler that came apart from an explosion or overheating. Scary stuff.
    CLamb
  • RayWohlfarth
    @aircooled81 Thank you very much I appreciate it
    @retiredguy thats a scary thought We had a boiler explode yesterday just outside Pittsburgh
    Ray Wohlfarth
    Boiler Lessons
  • retiredguy
    retiredguy Member Posts: 955
    @RayWohlfarth was that the boiler on Beaver street in Sewickley? What a mess but I have seen much worse. Look at the crap stored next to the boiler. Years ago, when I was still working, a fire gutted a building on 5th ave in Oakland that was used for doctors offices. They stored all their paper products against the boiler. I had recently told them that that was not allowed but they did not care until the fire.
  • RayWohlfarth
    @retiredguy Yes in Sewickley. That could have been much worse. I would love to see pictures from inside the boiler room. Drives me crazy when customers use the boiler room as a storage bin. Supposedly, there is a video Im trying to find that shows what happens when gasoline is stored in a boiler room
    Ray Wohlfarth
    Boiler Lessons