Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Uncensored steam radiators

ChrisJ
ChrisJ Member Posts: 16,096
I'm laying in bed this morning looking at the usual view... She does this all winter long.

It's pretty chilly this morning and that radiator is pretty hot .    
Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment

Comments

• BobC
    BobC Member Posts: 5,488
    Cats are very good at finding a warm spot.

In the 70's we had a console color TV in the living room that must have had 15-20 tubes in it, the cabinet was large enough it didn't get hot but got nice and warm. It took little time for the cat to discover this new perch once winter settled in. The only problem was her tail would fall of the edge and obscure the part of the screen you wanted to see at that particular instant.

back when the oil shocks hit I went out and bought a quartz heater to try and tame the high cost of oil (wnt from $0.13 to almost $0.75 a gallon awful fast. I would aim that at my chair and bask in it's warmth whild the est of the apartment was in the mid 60's. The cat discovered this source of heat pretty fast and would sit with her head almost touching the grate covering the quartz tubes that were running at about a 50-% duty cycle. her head would be pretty hot to that touch, she just adored that old Boecamp heater.

Bob
    Smith G8-3 with EZ Gas @ 90,000 BTU, Single pipe steam
    Vaporstat with a 12oz cut-out and 4oz cut-in
    3PSI gauge
    ChrisJ
  • dabrakeman
    dabrakeman Member Posts: 572
    edited December 2022
    @ChrisJ Our cats would usually tuck themselves into the gap underneath the radiators.
    Danny Scully