Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Touch less faucet question

Options
ChrisJ
ChrisJ Member Posts: 15,708
My sister is having a strange issue and I have no experience with these faucets.

It's a 3 hour drive to her house and it's difficult to figure out over the phone..

They're having issues with showers getting cold even though there's plenty of hot water and it seems like we've traced it back to the kitchen faucet....

It's a touch less faucet that apparently you set the temperature using it's single handle but then it turns on and off electrically?

Are there times these faucets allow cold water to flow into the hot side?  I would assume there must be check valves of sorts?  Do they get clogged easily?  Is this a common problem or are we barking up the wrong tree?

This is the faucet in question.

Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment

Comments

• mattmia2
    mattmia2 Member Posts: 9,670
    Options
    check valves cost money so i bet there are none. try turning the ball off and see if the problem goes away. if my mission were to build the world's cheapest faucet the electric valve would be a single valve after the valve that sets the flow/mixing.
    ChrisJ
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,158
    Options
    Must be some device between H&C to prevent crossing over

My son installed that exact valve. It doesn’t like me, or it is my operator error. So I end up turning on the handle anyways😂
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
    ChrisJ
  • ChrisJ
    Options
    hot_rod said:
    Must be some device between H&C to prevent crossing over My son installed that exact valve. It doesn’t like me, or it is my operator error. So I end up turning on the handle anyways😂
    From what I've been told by them it's a normal faucet handle and it needs to be on.  The electric part is in the faucet hose not the actual hot/cold valve handle.

And sadly I think Matt is right I don't see any signs of check valves.  It looks like they added a solenoid into the hose of a normal faucet.

How is that even possible especially at that price tag?!
    Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment
  • mattmia2
    Options
    Looks like the check valves are a separate part. Did whoever installed it install them?

https://media.deltafaucet.com/PartsDiagram/DPD-K-9197T-DST Rev I.pdf
    ChrisJ
  • ChrisJ
    Options
    mattmia2 said:
    Looks like the check valves are a separate part. Did whoever installed it install them? https://media.deltafaucet.com/PartsDiagram/DPD-K-9197T-DST Rev I.pdf
    It doesn't show them in the instructions but what I got from it is they're installed either in the hose to the spray head or in the spray head.  Both of them in series to act as a backflow device because the head could be in a full sink etc and potentially backflow.

I don't think they go in the supply hoses.

But I had thought the same thing you did initially 
  • mattmia2
    Options
    The instructions show the check valves installed separately to the supply stops.
    ChrisJGGross
  • mattmia2
    Options
    see step 3:
    https://media.deltafaucet.com/MandI/106559 Rev D.pdf

if installed by the same "handyman" that installed the dishwasher in my friend's apartment that threw out the safety pan
    ChrisJ
  • ChrisJ
    Options
    mattmia2 said:
    The instructions show the check valves installed separately to the supply stops.
    How did I not see that?!
    I even specifically looked!

mattmia2
  • ChrisJ
    Options
    Just got a response.
    Both faucets have no check valves installed.

mattmia2