Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

venting 404 liberty gray water from slop sink

Options
Fizz
Fizz Member Posts: 547
Recently had slop sink and 404 installed for washer. On install the vent pipe height doesn't allow for occasional suds overflow. Shouldn't vent be drained into sink to catch overflow which is not often or of great volume? Thanks.

Comments

• Intplm.
    Intplm. Member Posts: 1,947
    Options
    Are you asking about a Liberty-enclosed sump pump installed under a mop sink?
    If you are, I'm not entirely sure what you are describing here.

What I will say is that all of these types of sump pump setups need to be vented into the atmosphere.
    If they are not, (using a Studor, sure vent, or plugging the vent? )The pump, because it is enclosed in its own tank, will not discharge because it will get caught in a sort of vacuum lock.
    So. the vent should not be drained into the sink to catch overflow as you asked.

Does this help? Or am I not reading you correctly?
  • Fizz
    Fizz Member Posts: 547
    Options
    The pump discharge is to an above line which is vented, the top port is vented now to sink as overflow and the alternate side vent is the inlet. Hope the photos help. Thanks
  • mattmia2
    mattmia2 Member Posts: 9,639
    Options
    That's not legal, the vent has to go outside.
    kcopp
  • mikedo
    mikedo Member Posts: 174
    Options
    you can vent it back into the main sewer line using a studor vent go to there website there is a diagram it also works for sewage ejectors. i coundnt load your pictures so i was unable to see if main sewer was close
  • psb75
    psb75 Member Posts: 833
    Options
    Or put a Studor vent in place of the 90° + 45° fittings.
    mattmia2Intplm.kcopp
  • mikedo
    Options
    no you have to tie the pipe back into the sewer main and use a studor vent theres a diagram on there website on how to pipe it
    Intplm.
  • Intplm.
    Intplm. Member Posts: 1,947
    Options
    I am also unable to download the installation instructions.
    However. The instructions do verify what I have previously posted.

@Fizz .....google the directions for that pump. You will find on page three, Item "B" states that they do not recommend using any type of air admittance valve. The performance will be hindered. In my case many years ago the pump would not work at all. ( I had to read the directions later ) Whoops.

Anyway. Google it up and follow the recommended instructions. You can't go wrong. Good luck.
  • mikedo
    Options
    when you tie the vent back into the top of the sewer you break the vacuum and it will function. ive done it many times also works on sewage ejectors so you dot have to go outside with vent
    kcopp
  • mattmia2
    mattmia2 Member Posts: 9,639
    Options
    mikedo said:

when you tie the vent back into the top of the sewer you break the vacuum and it will function. ive done it many times also works on sewage ejectors so you dot have to go outside with vent

The air admittance valve breaks the vacuum. The problem is with the pressure from the water filling the basin, that needs to vent somewhere. I guess that is what the tie in to the stack is doing(although if I'm not mistaken there is a vent in that space that could be tied in to directly.)