Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Marketplace Headline of the Day!

Options
Josh_S
Josh_S Member Posts: 17
I had to share, this is hilarious! Can anyone spot the issue? 

Comments

• Danny Scully
    Danny Scully Member Posts: 1,425
    Options
    False advertising. They CANNOT be water…unless you drill and tap every section for a coin air vent. 
    bburd
  • STEAM DOCTOR
    STEAM DOCTOR Member Posts: 1,973
    Options
    You can use them for hot water. With somewhat reduced heat output. The bottom section of the radiator would get hot. May be good for someone who likes to look of an old style radiator but does not need all that much heat. And at least one section would heat up up until the air vent. And of course if you installed it upside down, that section would get even more heat.
    mattmia2
  • STEAM DOCTOR
    Options
    Rethinking the upside down installation. Might not get that much heat. Bottom part would fill with water but incoming hot water but only circulate across the top. Bummer
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,545
    Options
    Steam only
  • STEAM DOCTOR
    Options
    For the sake of clarity, and to protect myself from liability, my comments above were meant in jest. 
  • The Steam Whisperer
    The Steam Whisperer Member Posts: 1,215
    Options
    We have found that radiators without top connections can work in a hot water system. We have worked on the now hot water heat system in Pullman's Florence Hotel (Pullman train cars) and they reused a number of Reed type steam radiators on the main floor. These heat fully top to bottom. The Rolairtrol must slowly pull the air out of the water over time as the system absorbs it from the radiators.
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.