Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Prestige 110 error code E05

Options
JohnGaw
JohnGaw Member Posts: 6
My Prestige 110 is displaying error code E05. Reset is not solving the problem. Advice?

Comments

• 109A_5
    109A_5 Member Posts: 1,385
    Options

National - U.S. Gas Boiler 45+ Years Old
    Steam 300 SQ. FT. - EDR 347
    One Pipe System
  • pedmec
    pedmec Member Posts: 975
    Options
    Looks like the blower might be dead. Inspect blower to see if comes on when the system calls. You can remove communication cable and blower will ramp up to 100% if its still good. Chances are its not which is why the position sensor is indicating in correct speed. Nothings moving.
  • JohnGaw
    Options
    Thank you for your post, pedmec. My Triangle Tube owners manual shows E05 as an "internal control failure". Blower problems are codes E28 and E29.
  • JohnGaw
    Options
    That said, I can certainly take a look at the blower, as you suggested.
  • 109A_5
    Options
    Hello @JohnGaw,

Apparently there is a few different Prestige versions and the codes are different. Maybe this matches your unit better.

http://bostonheatingsupply.com/TriangleTube/Prestige TroubleShooting Guide.pdf
    One Pipe System
  • JohnGaw
    Options
    First image is all I have in the User's Information Manual. The second image is what I NEED but don't have. I appreciate the link for the Troubleshooting information. I am in a group of six townhomes, and we all have the same boilers and issues. This is a great help. Thanks so much.
  • JohnGaw
    Options
    By the way - are you able to tell me how the boiler control module is "reset"?
  • 109A_5
    Options
    Hello @JohnGaw, This is all I can find so far.

One Pipe System
  • JohnGaw
    Options
    Thanks so much, 109A-5. I thought a module reset would be something other than pressing the boiler's reset button. It's a bit confusing - press the reset button once the condition has been corrected, but correcting the condition means pressing the reset button.