Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Twining DHW tanks, piping options

AMservices
AMservices Member Posts: 610

Out of the 2 parallel piping option in the images, is one better then the other in terms of balancing flow and ease of piping? 
Looking at a job replace 2x 80 gallon indirect DHW tanks. Currently piped with split Tee's, but I'm wondering if reverse return is better. 
Just looking for opinions. 
Thanks

Comments

• EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,452
    JMHO but I like the RR. But I would put something on each tank to balance with.
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,018
    How are the coils piped from the boiler? These methods show balanced flow on the boiler and potable side. Balance valves allow you to dial in exactly the same flow rates.
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • AMservices
    hot_rod said:
    How are the coils piped from the boiler? These methods show balanced flow on the boiler and potable side. Balance valves allow you to dial in exactly the same flow rates.
    The coils are piped as a zone off the system loop.
    Tekmar 275 in control 
  • AMservices
    JMHO but I like the RR. But I would put something on each tank to balance with.
    Balance valves with test pressure ports. I like it. 
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,018
    The Quicksetters are ideal for that use. The Quicksetter+ is the low lead version for the potable side. The readout meter is on the valve.

Pull the ring, set the flow. The flow does not go through the window, so it stays clear and clean for any future readings or adjusting.
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
    AMservices