Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

What nozzle type

conrajetken
conrajetken Member Posts: 10
Can anyone tell me the proper nozzle angle and pattern (A, B) for a Weil McLain A-B-468V-W boiler. Thank you!

Comments

• Intplm.
    Intplm. Member Posts: 1,883
    Burner type?
  • STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,506
    And pump pressure.
    steve
  • EdTheHeaterMan
    EdTheHeaterMan Member Posts: 7,725
    edited October 2022
    If your Weil McLain 468 boiler has a Beckett AFG burner you can use a 1.25 GPH 80° A (hollow) nozzle at 100 PSI. You will want to check the burner head to make sure it is the F-6 and there is a 2-3/4" static disk on the nozzle assembly.

If your Weil McLain 468 is equipped with a Carlin EZ-1 burner then you would use a Delavan 1.25 70° B (solid) nozzle at 100 PSI.
    If your Weil McLain 468 is equipped with s Carlin CRD 99 burner then you would use a Hago 1.25 60° SS (semi-solid) nozzle at 100 PSI.

Many of the later Weil McLain 468 boilers came with a Wayne Blue Angle burner. In the installation manual for this burner there is no specific recommendation for the Weil McLain 468 boiler, however the manufacturer of the burner recommends a 1.25 60° or 80° with a recommendation of hollow spray pattern at firing rates below 2.00 GPH. I recall having good luck with 80° hollow on the 368 boiler but I have no recommendation for the 468 boiler.

Many early model Weil McLain 468 boilers used a Wayne Combustion M series burners. Those burners were labeled as Weil McLain burners. Some of those burners were equipped with a FlameLock (flame retention head) and some without a flame retention head. Those without the flame retention head worked well with 80° hollow nozzles. The FlameLock head is able to handle the 70° and 80° spray angle nicely.

Of Course this assumes that the original oil burner has not been replaced over the years. That boiler was only manufactured between 1987 and 1995.

So when @Intplm. asked you for "What Burner?" there was a reason.

Can you provide that information?

Edward F Young. Retired HVAC ContractorSpecialized in Residential Oil Burner and Hydronics
    MikeAmannIntplm.
  • EdTheHeaterMan
    EdTheHeaterMan Member Posts: 7,725
    After looking at an older post you seem to have a Riello R40 F5 burner. Try a HAGO 1.00 60° GPH SS nozzle at 145 PSI.
    Edward F Young. Retired HVAC ContractorSpecialized in Residential Oil Burner and Hydronics
    Intplm.
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,455
    OPs that can't post the most basic information in order to get some help lose me really quick
    MikeAmannSTEVEusaPAEdTheHeaterMan
  • HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,804
    What if it's a QB-180? What nozzle would I use then?
    SuperTech
  • STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,506
    HVACNUT said:

A dumpster...toss it in there.
    Did they ever put a QB-180 on of those boilers...on purpose?
    steve
    SuperTechEdTheHeaterMan
  • HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,804
    A dumpster...toss it in there. Did they ever put a QB-180 on of those boilers...on purpose?
    It was a trick question. And you scored 100.
    EdTheHeaterManSTEVEusaPAIntplm.