Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Propane stove burners surging

Options
I have a travel trailer and my stove burners are surging. I replaced me regulator just under 2 years ago. I'm thinking that it's being caused by the regulator but don't want to replace it because of how new it is, though I am not against the expense if it truly did go bad already. Thanks for the help!

Comments

• Larry Weingarten
    Larry Weingarten Member Posts: 3,306
    Options
    Hi, Is there any chance of having water in the lines? If so, it could be the cause of the surging. Compressed air would be used to blow it out, but propane is not to be messed with unless you have the skills to work with it safely. If that doesn't work, then the new regulator might be in order.

Yours, Larry
  • Dave Carpentier
    Dave Carpentier Member Posts: 590
    Options
    Presumably it did work properly for a while before it started surging ?
    Afaik, trailer regulators are always 2-stage (the model number will be stamped on it somewhere, can look it up to verify). There should be a vent screen on the regulator, might be under a plastic cover, check it's clean, it should always be facing downward.
    Also, if you leave a hose disconnected from tank for a while, bugs can crawl in the hose fitting hole and cause issues apparently.

30+ yrs in telecom outside plant.
    Currently in building maintenance.
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,545
    Options
    Check the vent opening on the regulator for bee or wasp nest. If the regulator can't breathe through the vent it can't regulate.
    mattmia2